Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: The Beautiful and the Cursed

From Goodreads:
After a bizarre accident, Ingrid Waverly is forced to leave London with her mother and younger sister, Gabby, trading a world full of fancy dresses and society events for the unfamiliar city of Paris.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house Ingrid's twin brother, Grayson, found for them isn't a house at all. It's an abandoned abbey, its roof lined with stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson has gone missing.

No one seems to know of his whereabouts but Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant at their new home.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn't dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows he’s in grave danger. It will be up to her and Gabby to navigate the twisted path to Grayson, a path that will lead Ingrid on a discovery of dark secrets and otherworldly truths. And she'll learn that once they are uncovered, they can never again be buried.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! So unique and original, and the writing just swept me away! I couldn't wait to turn each page, find out what would be happening next! It was just a great adventure, and I wanted more!

So, not often that you read about gargoyles! Well, there's the upcoming series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, but that's different, and yeah, this just was amazing to read about! I loved this world, and what we slowly learned about it! It was really awesome! I especially loved that they call themselves the disposessed!

I enjoyed the various POV's we got, because it gave so much more of the world, seeing out of more eyes, some that see different things then others, because they know more! And what with the secrets and lies going around, well, that's a good thing for us!

I loved the various romances in this book, because they are a part of the reason why this book ended like it did, with what some characters did for their loves, and yeah, that was just really fantastic! I enjoyed reading about it so much!

Such a great book, with an ending that ensures that I want more, because boy, do I want more!

Author: Page Morgan
Series: The Disposessed #1
Read: August 1st, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: It sounded good, and it's a DAC Book, WoW Book and a Historical Fiction 2013 Book!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: May 14th 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!