Saturday, August 10, 2013

Week 32 Review: Hot Blooded

From Goodreads:
Make room for these sexy nightstalkers on your bedtime reading table. Authors Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne, Emma Holly, and Angela Knight conjure up handsome shapeshifters, Carpathians, werewolves, and vampires in these four original stories. 

Feehan's tale, "Dark Hunger", set in the jungle, features an animal activist who liberates more than just animals when she frees an all-but-forgotten human prisoner. 

Shayne's story, "Awaiting Moonrise", set in the bayou, stars a brilliant young professor whose fieldwork calls for very hands-on research. 

In Emma Holly's story, "The Night Owl", set in Vermont, a beautiful young baker gets more than yeast to rise when she gets to know the mysterious, pale-faced owner of the local B&B. 

And, in "Seduction's Gift", Angela Knight's heroine, a gutsy young cop, takes a dare to the max when she bets she can bed a vampire just a few times without risking conversion -- or her heart. 

My Review:
This was a really fantastic anthology! 4 great short stories, ones that I really enjoyed! Though I do have some favourites, specifically, the reason why I read the anthology, Dark Hunter, and The Night Owl! They were both really great!

And the reason why they're so great, is because I can actually remember them, though writing this review, and thinking about on this book, is helping me remember them, like that Seduction's Gift was with mages and Author and the Knights, and all that jazz, and Awaiting Moonrise is about a werewolf vet who's discovered by the professor! So good!

Yeah, my brain's a funny thing. I didn't think I knew anything really about those two other stories, but thinking back, I'm able to recall some details that are really helping me write this review. (Though this paragraph is also helping, because that's one less to write!)

So this book really urged me to want to read the other books in the series that I haven't been reading, the Mageverse series, and the Midnight series, because these short stories, I really enjoyed them, and I want to spend more time in these worlds!

Yeah, this was a really great anthology, loved spending time in these worlds, and learning these things, and I can't wait to read more of the Dark Saga series, and hopefully, of the others!

Authors: Christine Feehan, Maggie Shayne, Emma Holly, and Angela Knight
Series: Dark Saga #14, Mageverse 0.5, Midnight #4
Read: August 8th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Published: September 6th 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!