Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week 33 Review: Two for the Dough

From Goodreads:
Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is packing a whole lot of attitude -- not to mention stun guns, defense sprays, and a .38 Smith & Wesson. She's on the trail of Kenny Mancuso, from working-class Trenton, New Jersey, who has just shot his best friend. Fresh out of the army and suspiciously wealthy, Mancuso's also distantly related to Joe Morelli, a vice cop with questionable ethics, a libido in permanent overdrive, and a habit of horning in on Stephanie's investigations. Aided by her tough bounty-hunting pal, Ranger, and her funeral-hopping Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's soon staggering knee-deep in corpses, trying to shake Morelli...and stirring up a very nasty enemy.

My Review:
This was such a great, awesome book! I mean, an investigation involving a funeral parlour? And Stephanie's investigations? What could go wrong? Oh, pretty much everything, and yeah, it was just so much fun to read about that!

Morelli, yeah, it was fun to read his interruptions into the case, because most of the time, one of them had information that the other wanted, and those power exchanges  were just fascinating to read about! I can't wait for more!

I enjoyed this mystery, it had a few different elements, and didn't really go to the street that was the main one in the last book, because the crime is a bit more focused, but still as deadly. And again, funeral parlour. I just like saying, funeral parlour! And investigating with Grandma Mazur!

That was a really satisfying ending, though fire is pretty destructive, it also is cleansing, and that place needed a cleansing, after everything that had happened in it! And that everybody was mostly OK after that, so it was fine!

I enjoyed this book so much, really glad that I'm starting to read this series!

Author: Janet Evanovich
Series: Stephanie Plum #2
Read: August 14th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Books
Published: December 31st 1996
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!