Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 35 Reviews: Pale Demon, A Perfect Blood


From Goodreads:
Condemned and shunned for black magic, Rachel Morgan has three days to get to the annual witches’ conference and clear her name, or be trapped in the demonic ever-after . . . forever after.

But a witch, an elf, a living vampire, and a pixy in one car going across the country? Talk about a recipe for certain disaster, even without being the targets for assassination.


For after centuries of torment, a fearsome demon walks in the sunlight—freed at last to slay the innocent and devour their souls. But his ultimate goal is Rachel Morgan, and in the fight for survival that follows, even embracing her own demonic nature may not be enough to save her.

From Goodreads:
Ritually murdered corpses are appearing across Cincinnati, terrifying amalgams of human and other. Pulled in to help investigate by the I.S. and FIB, former witch turned day-walking demon Rachel Morgan soon realizes a horrifying truth: a human hate group is trying to create its own demons to destroy all Inderlanders, and to do so, it needs her blood.

She's faced vampires, witches, werewolves, demons, and more, but humanity itself might be her toughest challenge yet.

My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed these books so much! I'm really enjoying reading this series so much, it's really addicting, and yeah, going on this journey with Rachel, so much happens in these books! So good! And it's not even the end of the series yet!

Of the two, I think I like Pale Demon more, for the simple fact that it really takes us out of Cincinnati, I mean, the same happens in A Fistful of Charms, but I know, roughly, where San Francisco is, while I don't know where the town in AFoC is. So yeah, there's that!

And when she was with the demons, I just pictured Rachel showing off the fact that she's one of only 2 female demons alive now, to various people, like those that just banished her, and yeah, that whole idea that Trent played out? Including letting out Ku'Sox? Not the best plan!

She and Trent kiss! True, it's to get her soul back in her body, but then it was also happening with their physical bodies, and Ivy and Jenks were watching, so yeah, there was that, and now I'm really rooting for a Rachel/Trent romantic relationship!

Loved Ceri and Al, and the interactions with Lucy and Ray, they were just so precious, and cute, how Lucy takes her first steps toward Al, and he catches her, yeah, so cute! Al is not as bad as he was in DWW when he tried to kill Rachel and Trent for Piscary!

Enjoyed both of these so much, and I can't wait to read more of the series!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #9, 10
Read: August 25th, 26th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Loving this series! And they're Sequel Challenge 2013 Books and 2013 Dystopia Books!
Publisher: Harper Voyage
Published: February 22nd 2011, February 21st 2012

Pale Demon:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









A Perfect Blood:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!