Saturday, June 18, 2016

Week 25 Review: What Doesn't Kill You

From Goodreads:
Catherine Ling was abandoned on the streets of Hong Kong at age four.  Schooled in the art of survival, she traded in the only commodity she had: information.  As a teenager, she came under the tutelage of a mysterious man known only as Hu Chang—a skilled assassin and master poisoner.  As a young woman, she was recruited by the CIA and now, she is known as one of their most effective operatives.  Having lived life in the shadows, Catherine is aware of the wobbly moral compass of her existence and even more aware of just how expendable she is to those she deals with. When her old friend Hu Chang creates something so deadly, and completely untraceable, the chase is on to be the first to get it.  With rogue operative John Gallo also on the hunt, Catherine finds herself pitted against a group so villainous and a man so evil that she may not survive the quest to protect those she cares about.  Iris Johansen is at her page-turning best in this novel that takes you from the corridors of Langley to the alleyways of Hong Kong, and the darkest places of the human soul.

My first review of What Doesn't Kill You
My Review:
Loved rereading this book! I loved it the first time, and I loved it again! Catherine, while being a new character to the Eve Duncan series, is a force! Loved having her having her own book, and with John Gallo and Hu Chang!

It's been a while since I first read this book. I did have some impressions-that they went from Hong Kong to the US, and that there was a threat from somebody important in politics or government, and there was a threat like a bomb. So it was great to reread this book, because I must have mixed it up with another book!

Really enjoyed Catherine as a young girl, and her history with Hu Change, it was an important part of her-just slightly less then Luke. It was a piece of her, and I loved getting to know it again! It was just so great!

Between Gallo, and Hu Chang's machinations, there was a lot of personal drama going on with the other conflict! It had a great balance of the two of them, and just came together for a complete story, and I just absolutely loved reading it!

This was such a great book, and I can't wait to read more of this series and seeing more of these characters!

Author: Iris Johansen
Series: Catherine Lang #2
First Read: August 5th, 2012
Read: June 14th, 2016
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: April 17th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!