Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week 23 Review: Out of My Mind

From Goodreads:
Callie Sinclair is literally out of her mind.

As the government's youngest psychic spy, Callie finds valuable information for top-secret missions without ever leaving the office. Her work is fascinating and keeps her headaches at bay, but it means she must lie to everyone she loves. She can't move to New York with her boyfriend Charlie no matter how much he begs; he'll never know the real Callie and that wouldn't be fair to him. Besides, she has a job to do… and a new partner to do it with. 

Jasper's psychic abilities are impressive, as is the way he keeps up with her witty remarks. Callie can't help but flirt; Jasper knows her in a way Charlie never will. But as her love life gets more complicated, so do her visions. People halfway around the world seem to be in danger…and people in her own backyard, too. When an oddball billionaire takes interest in Callie's talents, it's clear that if she can't find a way to alter future events, she could lose the people she loves—and her mind. Literally. 

Lauren Sabel's enthralling, romantic novel captures the thrill of exploring a unique power in a dangerous world.

My Review:
This was such an awesome book! I enjoyed reading it and it was just plain wonderful! I loved this world of psychics and how it all worked! It was really interesting, and I wouldn't mind learning more about it *hint hint wink wink sequel*.

I really enjoyed Callie's relationships-with Charlie, with her mom, her mom's boyfriend, her mentor, and Jasper. They were all different, and she showed different sides to them, because only the last two of the list know about her powers. And yeah, she makes mistakes, she's human.

There were two main things in this book for me. First off, her visions, and how they slowly started to connect, the pieces of the puzzle. And her relationships with Charlie, her boyfriend, and Jasper, to whom she's attracted to. And yeah, that causes a problem!

I kinda read the ending before I was done this book. So when it mentioned her mom, and the codes and a meteorite. I though that her mom was going to try and prevent it from hitting the Earth. Turns out, not the case, she gave the information so that she could find out where Callie's dad was!

Really enjoyed this book, it was really great and enjoyable, and I loved it and how Callie grew in this book!

Author: Lauren Sabel
Read: May 30th, 2016
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2016 Book and a WoW book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: May 31st 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!