Saturday, August 18, 2018

Week 33 Review: Wild Hunger

From Goodreads:
In the first thrilling installment of Chloe Neill's spinoff to the New York Times bestselling Chicagoland Vampires series, a new vampire will find out just how deep blood ties run.

As the only vampire child ever born, some believed Elisa Sullivan had all the luck. But the magic that helped bring her into the world left her with a dark secret. Shifter Connor Keene, the only son of North American Central Pack Apex Gabriel Keene, is the only one she trusts with it. But she's a vampire and the daughter of a Master and a Sentinel, and he's prince of the Pack and its future king.

When the assassination of a diplomat brings old feuds to the fore again, Elisa and Connor must choose between love and family, between honor and obligation, before Chicago disappears forever. 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I loved being in this world again, and to have it in the future! It was so great to read this book! I really enjoyed getting to know Elise, and I'm glad that we're going to have more adventures with her!

We know how she was born, but apparently, there was a bit more going then anybody realized, with the darkness that she has. Well, that she thinks she got, the monster who is connected to the power that was put in her mom's sword. It was a point of contention for Elisa, why she left home, and while it was figured out to be just the fierce side of her, well, I still think that the power has that connection, and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next regarding that!

The relationship between Elisa and Connor was so awesome to read! That they were childhood nemesis's, and now that they're adults, they're pretty cordial, but there's still some clashing. Which was a lot of fun to read! I really enjoyed watching the sparks fly between them! 

I really enjoyed the mystery, of who was behind the killing, and then the faeries were acting up, and how it all came together, that was a lot of fun to read! It was an eventful book, and I can't wait to see where things go from here!

This book was so awesome, and I can't wait for the next book!

Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Heirs of Chicagoland #1
Read: August 15th, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Loved the first series and her writing, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Berkley
Published: August 14th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!