Saturday, August 4, 2018

Week 31 Review: Defy the Worlds

From Goodreads:
Noemi Vidal has returned to her planet, Genesis, as an outsider. Ostracized for refusing to sacrifice Abel, the galaxy's most advanced mechanical man, she dreams of traveling through the stars one more time. And when a deadly plague arrives on Genesis, Noemi gets her chance. As the only soldier to have ever left the planet, it will be up to her to save its people...if only she wasn't flying right into a trap.

Abel, now fully aware of his soul and captaining his own ship, never thought he'd get to see Noemi again, not when the entire universe stands between them. But when his creator, Burton Mansfield, delivers news of Noemi's capture, Abel must go to her, no matter the cost.

In a race against time, Abel and Noemi band together to stop Mansfield once and for all. The depraved scientist has engineered a way to achieve immortality, but that technology comes with perils of its own. Abel and Noemi are about to discover a secret that could save Genesis and Earth...or destroy them all. 

My Review:
Oh, man, this book was so freaking amazing! I enjoyed reading it so much! Going in, I didn't know that there'd be a 3rd book, and when it ended, yeah, that was so evil! There's going to be a final confrontation, and I can't wait to read it!

The elders on Genesis, the ruling body, yeah, they frustrated me. They were really stuck in their ways. But then things got going, and I really enjoyed the trip back among the stars! So much happened, very quickly, with Mansfield, and the gate that lead to a new planet. And I loved how the different threads came together! So great to read!

One thing that really got to me was the idea that Abel had to host Mansfield's consciousness. I mean, the answer seemed obvious. Mansfield was too old to use his DNA for the organic mechs, but Abel isn't. Abel could've donated some DNA, and have created a organic mech for Mansfield to occupy, and skip the step of occupying Abel's body and destroying Abel's soul. That seems much more elegant, but it wasn't even considered. Either there's some reason why not that either wasn't mentioned or I missed, or it'll come in the next book! I really hope it ends well!

The ending, yeah, that was so crazy! After all that they'd faced, that they'd overcame, and one of their own kept with his awful thinking that Abel was just a machine to be used. It made for an incredible evil cliffhanger! I need the final book, though I don't know what it could be called, all the titles I thought in my head were awkward, and even Defy the Worlds is a bit awkward as well. So it'll be interesting to see what the title is for the final book!

This book was so great, I enjoyed it so much, and yeah, can't wait for the 3rd and final book!

Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Constellation #2
Read: July 31st, 2018
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book in this series, and yeah, it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: April 3rd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!