Saturday, April 13, 2019

Week 15 Review: Heart of Thorns

From Goodreads:
In the ancient river kingdom, touch is a battlefield, bodies the instruments of war. Seventeen-year-old Mia Rose has pledged her life to hunting Gwyrach: women who can manipulate flesh, bones, breath, and blood.

Not women. Demons. The same demons who killed her mother without a single scratch. 

But when Mia's father suddenly announces her marriage to the prince, she is forced to trade in her knives and trousers for a sumptuous silk gown. Only after the wedding goes disastrously wrong does she discover she has dark, forbidden magic—the very magic she has sworn to destroy.

My Review:
Reading this book was so fantastic! I loved to hate the horrible rules that women faced, and learning about the magic and how it worked. I enjoyed reading about Mia and her hatred of Gwyraches when it turns out that she is one, herself. She had a quite a journey to go on!

I wouldn't want to live in this world. I hate having sweaty hands, and all women have to wear gloves most of the time, so they can't touch people and use magic on them. They don't really have any rights, too, which is pretty horrible!

I really enjoyed watching Mia go out into the world. She learned more about herself, her mom, and about magic, that she wasn't expecting. Of course, almost nothing is every black and white, and neither are people. So there were a few complications! Like her interactions with Prince Quin, those were so enjoyable to read!

That ending, oh, was it intense! It was hard to know who to trust, and yeah, Mia figured out some important information and combined with the epilogue, yeah, has interesting implications that I really want to read about!

Loved reading this book and I can't wait for the sequel!

Author: Bree Barton
Series: Heart of Thorns #1
Read: April 9th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: July 31st 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!