Saturday, April 27, 2019

Week 17 Review: The Host

From Goodreads:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

My first review of The Host
My Review:
It was so great to read this book again! This is about the 3rd time that I've read this book, and yeah, it's enjoyable every time. I wish that we could've gotten the sequels, because it would've been awesome to explore more of this world, spend more time with these characters, but this book stands alone.

On one hand, what the souls do, taking over bodies, is pretty parasitic. On the other, they do improve the worlds they're living on. Just as the expense of those that were ruining said worlds. You'd think that the spiders or something would build mechanically bodies. They could build a biological brain, couldn't they? And for coma patients who just won't wake up, or something? So they're not stealing bodies anymore.

That scene where Wanda finds Doc after he's tried to extract a soul from its host...yeah, that hit hard. Especially since the soul was apparently just a baby, not that he would know how to tell, I don't think. I can totally understand why she reacted the way that she did.

I loved how Wanda first fell in love with Melanie's loved ones. And then as she spent time with them, with other humans. Like Ian. She learned more about humans, and they learned more about souls. And while that ending meant for a lot of confusing feelings sometimes, I think it was worth it!

Loved this book, it's just a really great read!

Author: Stephenie Meyer
First Read: 2010
Second Read: March 25th, 2013
Read: April 23rd, 2019
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a 2019 Dystopia Book and a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Published: May 6th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!