Saturday, August 17, 2019

Week 33 Reviews: B is for Bigfoot, Grave Peril


From Goodreads:
As a middle-schooler, in "B Is for Bigfoot," Irwin attracts the unwelcome attention of a pair of bullying brothers who are more than they seem, and when Harry steps in, it turns out they have a mystical guardian of their own.

From Goodreads:
Harry Dresden's faced some pretty terrifying foes during his career. Giant scorpions. Oversexed vampires. Psychotic werewolves. All par for the course for Chicago's only professional wizard. But in all of Harry's years of supernatural sleuthing, he's never faced anything like this: the spirit world's gone postal. All over Chicago, ghosts are causing trouble-and not just of the door-slamming, 'boo'--shouting variety. These ghosts are tormented, violent, and deadly. Someone--or something--is stirring them up to wreak unearthly havoc. But why? And why do so many of the victims have ties to Harry? If Harry doesn't figure it out soon, he could wind up a ghost himself.

My Review:
This series is a joy to read, I can understand why it's popular, and I'm glad I'm getting on board with it. Harry has a lot of threats to face, and I can't wait to go on more journeys with him! I love how he has to use his wits, because magic, like he said, is better if you have time to prepare, but wits, or sometimes crazy, that can be done on the fly!

The short story, that was interesting because we got to see Bigfoot, and the struggles his son is having. I love the fact that we're going to have 2 more stories with the son, watching him grow up. He learns how to deal with bullies, and again, Harry has to be creative. Yeah!

For some reason, I didn't quite get the connection between the Nightmare and what was happening to the cops. I mean, did I read too quickly and miss a detail? So that was a little bit confusing, but it did make the story flow much better which is why I know I missed something.

There are three main people/groups in this book. There's his godmother, who is fae and who Harry has an understandably bad relationship with. Then there's the ghosts, and specifically the Nightmare. Finally, there's the vampires. There's a good bit of politics, and oh, how do those go deliciously wrong! So wonderful to read!

Loved reading these, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Jim Butcher
Series: The Dresden Files #2.5, 3
Read: August 15th, 15th, 2019
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: I enjoy his writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Books!
Publisher: Random House, Roc
Published: August 28th 2012, September 1st 2001

B is for Bigfoot:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Grave Peril:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!