Saturday, August 31, 2019

Week 35 Review: Sharpest Sting

From Goodreads:
The truth won't set me free—but it will probably get me killed ... 

As Gin Blanco, aka the assassin the Spider, I'm used to having a target on my back. But ever since I started investigating the secret society known as the Circle, that target seems bigger than ever. 

Still, I'm trying to relax and enjoy the events leading up to my friends' wedding when I learn that an old enemy has returned to Ashland. And that's the just beginning of my latest nightmare. Soon, I have Circle goons watching my every move, but I have no choice but to continue searching for a key piece of evidence against the evil group. 

The deeper I dig, the more horrifying secrets I uncover, and the more dangerous things become for me and my friends. Just when I think I finally have a handle on things, a shocking revelation shatters my heart and leaves me with an ugly realization—that betrayal is the sharpest sting of all ...

My Review:
This book was such a fantastic read! The whole plot and the reason for the sharpest sting, oh, yeah, that hit hard! But was just so freaking great to read! We've been on a good number of adventures with this group, and yeah, I think we're coming to the finish line, but we're not there yet!

This book was a mix of wedding events and dealing with the Circle. And yeah, it's a bizarre mix, because wedding, you think of joy. The Circle, well, it's a group of people who control things behind the scenes, usually via criminal means. Those two ideas don't mash up very well in theory, but in practice were so great to read!

This book, we learned more about the older generation, both of her parents, Mason, and others...not all bad, but not all good, either. Again with the sharpest sting. As well as we learned the origins of the Circle, how it came into being, and yeah, it makes a dastardly amount of sense!

That ending was pretty intense! Gin was very clever, and I really enjoyed how she dealt with things. And how she figured out the various mysteries that were in her path. It made for some really entertaining reading! The way that it ended, yeah, I can't wait to see where it's going to go from here!

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Jennifer Estep
Series: Elemental Assassin #18
Read: August 27th, 2019
Source: Author for Review
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2019 Book!
Publisher: Jennifer Estep
Expected Publication: October 8th 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!