Saturday, September 7, 2019

Week 36 Review: I'm Not Dying With You Tonight

From Goodreads:
Lena and Campbell aren't friends.

Lena has her killer style, her awesome boyfriend, and a plan. She knows she's going to make it big. Campbell, on the other hand, is just trying to keep her head down and get through the year at her new school.

When both girls attend the Friday-night football game, what neither expects is for everything to descend into sudden mass chaos. Chaos born from violence and hate. Chaos that unexpectedly throws them together.

They aren't friends. They hardly understand the other's point of view. But none of that matters when the city is up in flames, and they only have each other to rely on if they're going to survive the night.

My Review:
This book was so awesome! I really enjoyed reading about these two girls as they tried to survive while there was a riot going on around them. And they were totally different, Lena is bold and knows what to expect from racists. Campbell is a bit naive, because she's new to the area. They had totally different styles of thinking and speaking, and it was really easy to go back and forth between their narrations!

This book is a pretty quick read. There were only 160 ebook pages, so I just flew right through reading them! And it's so fast paced, from the start of the riot at the school, to getting out, to the bigger riot in their neighborhood. It was one thing after another!

These girls hardly knew each other before this night. Campbell was a bit intimidated by Lena, and Lena was a bit irritated by Campbell. But they got each other though this situation, and I really enjoyed watching their relationship grow!

I do kinda wish that we'd have more book, more time after they got home and to deal with the aftermath. I mean, it was pretty intense, there were times where they were in danger. And they had to decompress, and deal with the fact that they'd had these experiences.

Yeah, really enjoyed this book, it was a fantastic read!

Authors: Kimberly Jones and Gilly Segal
Read: September 2nd, 2019
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Expected Publication: October 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!