Saturday, October 5, 2019

Week 40 Review: Clique Bait

From Goodreads:
Pretty Little Liars meets Burn for Burn in this thrilling debut from Wattpad star Ann Valett.

Chloe Whittaker is out for revenge. Last year her best friend Monica's life was unceremoniously ruined by the most popular students at their high school, so this year Chloe plans to take each and every one of them down. She traded her jeans and T-shirts for the latest designer clothes, deleted everything on social media that would tie her to Monica (and blow her cover), and carefully devised a way to befriend the members of the popular clique. Now all that's left to do is uncover their deepest, darkest secrets and reveal them to the world.

Chloe has the perfect plan…that is, until she begins to fall for one of the people she's determined to destroy. 

My Review:
Man, this book was so fantastic to read! It's a lot like Premeditated by Josin L. McQuein for me, a girl getting revenge for something that happened. I really enjoyed watching Chloe go on this journey, learning about herself and Monica along the way. It was so dark and wonderful!

We knew that something bad happened to her friend Monica. Chloe writes letters to her at the beginning of each chapter, but we never meet her. And the mystery of what happened, the reason why Chloe is getting her revenge on the Level One gang, well, I couldn't wait to find out what happened!

I really enjoyed this story of revenge, and how she infiltrated this group and found all their dirty secrets while they sometimes tried to take her down. It was a fascinating read, all the high school politics and machinations at work!

I kinda read the end before I finished the book. So there was this one line that kinda made me think that there was a bit more blackmail going on then there was. I kinda wish that there had been, that would've upped the awesomeness level of this book for me, but oh, well!

This book was a really dark and twisted read and I loved it!

Author: Ann Valett
Read: October 3rd, 2019
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book, SAC 2019 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: April 28th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!