Saturday, October 5, 2019

Week 40 Review: The Deepest Roots

From Goodreads:
Everyone knows the girls of Cottonwood Hollow are peculiar. Generations ago, a wealthy settler named Emmeline Remington cursed them with strange abilities like Fixer, Siren, or Finder.

For Rome Galveston and her friends, these abilities have never been anything but a burden, until they realize that their strange talents might be the key to uncovering Emmeline's long-hidden treasure. Rome and her friends each want Emmeline's treasure for different reasons—reasons they are keeping secret from each other.

Soon, these secrets strain their friendship, and even if they do find what they are looking for, their friendship might never be the same.

My Review:
Oh, I enjoyed this book a lot! This world where the girls of this town have these abilities was so fascinating to me! And yeah, this was a really great book about the friendship between these girls, even if it gets strained for a while there!

Rome has has it hard. She has a single mother, lives in a trailer, and pays half the rent, the last fact she keeps secret from her friends. So the need to find the dowry chest is pretty high for her. Her search was so great to read!

Of course there were other things going on, like her relationship with Jett, as well as Emmeline's missing diary. I guessed what had happened there, like, immediately I thought danger danger, at that point. But Rome did figure it out! 

This book isn't super action packed, but again, it's about these girls and their friendship! I also enjoyed some of the side things, like her mom and Red, that was a lot of fun to read! And that ending, yeah, that was so satisfying!

This book was a fantastic read and I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Miranda Asebedo
Read: October 3rd, 2019
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: September 18th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!