Saturday, October 12, 2019

Week 41 Review: The Hanging Girl

From Goodreads:
Skye Thorn has given tarot card readings for years, and now her psychic visions are helping the police find the town's missing golden girl. It's no challenge—her readings have always been faked, but this time she has some insider knowledge. The kidnapping was supposed to be easy—no one would get hurt and she'd get the money she needs to start a new life. But a seemingly harmless prank has turned dark, and Skye realizes the people she's involved with are willing to kill to get what they want and she must discover their true identity before it's too late.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic! I always enjoy Eileen Cook's books, and this book was no different! I enjoyed how dark and twisted this book was, and yeah, I can't wait to read more of her books! I loved reading this mystery!

One thing that I really loved, was that there was a mention of Italy-of the events that happened in her book, With Malice. Which was just so stinking awesome, just a little thing that if you had no knowledge of With Malice, wouldn't take anything away from this book. But if you do, then it adds, and I just loved that!

I did guess along the lines of one of the twists, but not the whole picture, and besides, it was one of the earlier ones, like, we found out the truth about that whole situation about a 3rd in. But it was nice to be right about something, and still have so much more to wonder about!

That ending! I was a bit confused about how Skye made that jump, but then we got those details and it made sense. Yeah, that came together so well! And par for the course for this book, it's morally grey and I love it!

This book was such a fantastic read and I enjoyed it so, so much!

Author: Eileen Cook
Read: October 10th, 2019
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: I love her books, and it sounded really great! And it's a SAC 2019 Book!
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Published: October 3rd 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!