Sunday, June 14, 2020

Wheel of TBR #3, June 14th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it in that month, then at the end of the month, if I have more than 2 unread books, I'll unhaul at least one book.

So for the last week, I read 2/3 of my books and I have planned on reading Dorothy Must Die sometime this week for Make Your Myth-Taker. I didn't read any of my 1st set of spins, but I do have till the end of the month for those, and one or two are prompts for Make Your Myth-Taker, as well, so hopefully I'll get them read!

Edited to add, I feel crazy and want to do more spins, so I'm going to add 3 more spins for this week! Plus I changed things again, and I only did 7 original spins, so I have 5 more left to do today! Yeah! I'm basically just making excuses to do more spins at this point, I'm so weird and excited about this!

Prompts Used This Week:
Adaptation, Colour, Meme Read, Word, Favourite Author, Award, Ebook, Sophomore Book, Dobby Pick, Continue the Series, Beautiful Cover, Colour, Hype, Mom Pick

Adaptation-Blue-City of Bones by Cassandra Clare-This is a double, since it was made into a movie and a tv show. Sure, the movie was disliked, but it was adapted twice!

Colour-3rd Yellow-Rose AKA Pink-Death & Desire by Deborah Wilde-This is easy, this cover has a lot of pink on it.

Meme Read-Magenta-LLFL Book-Perfect Lies by Kiersten White-I haven't read a LLFL book, so I looked at the list, this was one I wanted to read (and it was the first one) so I picked it.

Word-2nd Magenta-Road-Blood Red Road by Moria Young-Another easy one, the word was in the title.

Favorite Author-Chartreuse-Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder-I've been rereading Maria V. Sndyer's books, this is the next one. And Maria V. Snyder is a absolute favourite author!

Award-4th Yellow-Looking for Alaska by John Green-This book has an award on the cover, at least my edition of.

Extra Spin for Yellow-Ebook-Cyan-Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross-I have this book as an ARC from Edelweiss, so it's an Ebook.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sophomore Book-2nd Blue-Blood & Honey by Shelby Malhurin-This is the 2nd book by Shelby Malhurin, and I can't wait to read it!

Dobby Pick-Spring Green-From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout-I picked 3 books, put treats on them, and this is the book that he picked. He went for another book first, but he didn't get the treat, so I didn't count it.

Continue the Series-3rd Green-Summer Knight by Jim Butcher-This is next book in the series, so it's continuing the series.

Beautiful Cover-3rd Orange-Fortuna by Kristyn Merbeth-Yeah, the colours of this cover are so pretty and I really like the look of the cover.

Hype-4th Green-The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins-This book has a lot of hype around, well, I think. I'm really excited for it, at least!

Extra Spin for Green-Mom Pick-Violet-Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron-I showed my mom a folder of the books that are in my TBR, and she randomly picked this book.

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 3
Yellow: 4
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 4
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 2
Azure: 1
Blue: 2
Violet: 2
Magenta: 2
Rose: 0

Prompts for Next Week:
Sat on Shelves-Red
New Author-Orange
Blind-Yellow
Multi-World Title-Chartreuse
End the Series-Green
Cover Change-Spring Green
Number-Cyan
Physical Book-Azure
Retelling-Blue
Goodreads Update Feed-Violet
A-Z Author-Magenta
One Word Title-Rose

Well, I got 4 yellows, and then 4 greens, which meant that I got 2 extra spins. Go books! I don't know, there's something addictive about this process, I can't wait to do this, and it's only week 3!

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!