Sunday, June 28, 2020

Wheel of TBR #5, June 28th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it in that month, then at the end of the month, if I have more than 2 unread books, I'll unhaul at least one book.

Yeah, I read all 3 of last week's TBR! And of previous books, I did finish Death & Desire. So I have a bunch to carry over. I just overextended myself, but I'm going to read them in July.

Prompts Used This Week:
Blind, Number, Jax Pick, Reread, Goodreads Update Feed, Ugly Cover, Hype, New Author, Wild Card, A-Z Author, DAC Book, Sat on Shelves.

Blind-Yellow-We Hunt the Flame by Hafsah Faizal-I picked a few books, put them in a blanket, shook them up, closed my eyes, and reached out, and this is the one I picked.

Number-Cyan-3, 414-Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson-This is the book that came up, no choice in the matter.

Jax Pick-Rose-Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton-I picked 3 books, put treats on them, and this is the book that he picked.

Reread-2nd Yellow-Origin by Jessica Khoury-I read this book as an ARC, so I'm glad to reread it, because I haven't read the rest of the series!

Goodreads Update Feed-Violet-Twin Daggers by MarcyKate Connolly-This book was reviewed by someone I'm Goodreads Friends with, and I just got an ARC of it to read, so yeah to put it on the pile!

Ugly Cover-Spring Green-The Summer Set by Aimee Agresti-This cover isn't ugly to me, really, but it's a bit plain and not too, too interesting to look at.

Hype-Azure-Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi-Yeah, a lot of people raved about this book, but I just never got around to it. I just recently picked up a copy though! (And this is the book that almost was Dobby's pick, but he didn't find the treat, so I'm glad to add it to the pile!)

New Author-Orange-Red Sister by Mark Lawrence-I haven't read any of this author's books, and I can't wait to read this book!

Wild Card-2nd Cyan-The Antidote by Shelley Sackier-I read the synopsis of this book once. But that was when it was an ARC, so it's been a year plus, I don't remember what this book is about. Can't wait to dive in and learn about it!

A-Z Author-Magenta-R-Set Fire to the Gods by Sara Raasch and Kristen Simmons-Well, one of these author's last names starts with R!

DAC Book-2nd Magenta-Crownchasers by Rebecca Coffindaffer-This book is coming out shortly, and it's the first book by Rebecca Coffindaffer!

Sat on Shelves-Red-Changes in Latitudes by Jen Malone-I got this book as an ARC, and it came out in July 2017, so almost 3 years. So it's good that I'm going to be picking it up!

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 1
Yellow: 2
Chartreuse: 0
Green: 0
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 2
Azure: 1
Blue: 0
Violet: 1
Magneta: 2
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Treat Yo' Shelf-Red
Colour-Orange
Meme Read-Yellow
Multi-World Title-Chartreuse
End the Series-Green
Blurbed-Spring Green
Dobby Pick-Cyan
Beautiful Cover-Azure
Retelling-Blue
Ebook-Violet
ARC-NetGalley-Magenta
Travel-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!