Saturday, June 20, 2020

Week 25 Review: Blood Will Out

From Goodreads:
Silence of the Lambs for young adults -- Blood Will Out is a gripping YA thriller readers won't be able to put down.

Ari Sullivan is alive--for now.

She wakes at the bottom of a cistern, confused, injured and alone, with only the shadowy recollection of a low-pitched voice and a gloved hand. No one can hear her screams. And the person who put her there is coming back. The killer is planning a gruesome masterpiece, a fairytale tableau of innocence and blood, meticulously designed. 

Until now, Ari was happy to spend her days pining for handsome, recent-arrival Stroud Bellows, fantasizing about their two-point-four-kids-future together. Safe in her small hometown of Dempsey Hollow. But now her community has turned very dangerous -- and Ari may not be the only intended victim.

Told in alternating perspectives of predator and prey, Blood Will Out is a gripping and terrifying read. 

My Review:
This book was so awesome-and so very creepy! I loved the alternating chapters between Ari and an unnamed narrator who was pretty creepy to the max. It was an entertaining and pretty fast paced read, and it's pretty short, too. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I didn't know where this book would go. After all, Ari wakes up in a cistern, and I didn't know what would happen next. And the beginning was a bit slow, setting things up, but once they were, the dominoes started to fall and didn't stop. I had to know what was going to happen next!

The other narrator, their story was compelling, but oh, so very dark. I enjoyed seeing how they progressed, even though what they were doing was absolutely wrong, I couldn't look away. Because there was also a kernel of, this might not have happened if some things had gone right in this person's life, instead of wrong. That perhaps all of this could've been avoided. And that's a little sad.

And that ending though! That was evil, that ending. Well, the last page of it was. But the climax and fallout and everything but that last page, that was so great to read. That last page though, that was just killer! Leaving it like that, oh!

This book was a great read, I really enjoyed going on this adventure with Ari.

Author: Jo Treggiari
Read: June 18th, 2020
Source: NetGalley/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Penguin Teen
Published: June 5th 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!