Sunday, June 21, 2020

Wheel of TBR #4, June 21st

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it in that month, then at the end of the month, if I have more than 2 unread books, I'll unhaul at least one book.

Um, oops. I read 3 of the main spins from the last week, though I'm currently reading Death & Desire right now. And I read 1 of last week's monthly spins, and 1 of the first half of the monthly spins. Which means I have 15 books to read, plus these 3 I'm spinning now, to finish before the end of the month. I'm a little scared! I think that I'm probably going to have a to read a lot of these books next month, I just had 3 challenges that had reading prompts, and I couldn't mesh them all with these books. Oh, well!

Prompts Used This Week:
Physical Book, Cover Change, One Word Title

Physical Book-2nd Azure-An Abundance of Katherines by John Green-This was easy, it's a book from the Hogesmead TBR Pile that I own in physical copy!

Cover Change-2nd Spring Green-Defy the Fates by Claudia Gray-This series had a different cover for the first book. The rest of the series didn't get it, but there was a cover change. And it's part of the Hogesmead TBR Pile, which is where I looked first!

One Word Title-Rose-Artemis by Andy Weir-Again, easy, only one word in the title, and again, finally, it's a part of the Hogesmead TBR Pile! See the theme? I wanted to fit as many (and I fit all 3, yeah!) into this, because while I'm crazy, I'm seeing the end of the month looming, and I want to consolidate the books I'm planning on reading, to make sure I read as many as I can. Because it's looking less and less likely that I'll be able too, and I don't want that to happen!

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 3
Yellow: 4
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 4
Spring Green: 2
Cyan: 2
Azure: 2
Blue: 2
Violet: 2
Magenta: 2
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Sat on Shelves-Red
New Author-Orange
Blind-Yellow
Multi-World Title-Chartreuse
End the Series-Green
Ugly Cover-Spring Green
Number-Cyan
Hype-Azure
Retelling-Blue
Goodreads Update Feed-Violet
A-Z Author-Magenta
Jax Pick-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!