Saturday, June 20, 2020

Week 25 Review: American Demon

From Goodreads:
RACHEL MORGAN IS BACK–AND THE HOLLOWS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

What happens after you've saved the world? Well, if you're Rachel Mariana Morgan, witch-born demon, you quickly discover that something might have gone just a little bit wrong. That the very same acts you and your friends took to forge new powers may have released something bound by the old. With a rash of zombies, some strange new murders, and an exceedingly mysterious new demon in town, it will take everything Rachel has to counter this new threat to the world–and it may demand the sacrifice of what she holds most dear.

My Review:
Wow, I loved diving back into the world of the Hollows with Rachel and the gang! I loved investigating this new threat, and meeting some new characters-as well as learn more about ones that we barely saw-I'm looking at you, unknown group from A Perfect Blood!

So Rachel's feeling a bit out of place, with Ivy moving out, the church under construction, and a future blooming with Trent, though she's unsure of where it could go, and what it's costing him. And then there's this new demon, and all sorts of conflict that was so entertaining to read!

Yeah, we learned more about Trent's mom! I'm planning on rereading The Turn, but yeah, I hope we explore her past a bit more, like mentions of Trent's older brothers. I want to know more, and there has to be more, because she's such an interesting character!

My question is, what about the ending of The Witch With No Name? Rachel kept mentioning having a dream, that has the details from that ending. So I'm wondering, is that ending going to still happen at the new end of this series, or is it something that just didn't happen, and a new ending will be forged? Or it's something that they can work towards or something. I don't know, and I want to know, and I won't know for who knows how long, at least a year for the next book, and how many more after that?

Loved reading this book, it was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #14
Read: June 16th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: June 16th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!