Saturday, June 27, 2020

Week 26 Review: An Abundance of Katherines

From Goodreads:
When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact. On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy–loving best friend riding shotgun—but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book. Contemporaries aren't really my thing, because there's just not quite enough going on in them. Compare the length of this review to my previous review of Elantris. That one is an extreme, but it was really easy to write that review vs. this one, and that's mainly because there wasn't as much going on to enjoy to read, and to say about. They're linked in my mind. Yeah. Anyways.

Colin was a child prodigy but he hasn't quite made the leap to becoming a genius. His need to feel special, well, everyone wants that. But for him, he has that potential, but most child prodigies don't end up becoming geniuses. So he has that to deal with.

And then he comes up with the Theorem, of how long a relationship can last, and watching him interact with his friends, and with Lindsey's input to add more variables, it was pretty interesting to read, and his Eureka moment was pretty interesting, as well!

I really enjoyed how this story was told, we had the present, and then we had various points along his romantic history with the various Katherines. I really enjoyed the end, when Colin told Lindsey the story of all 19. Well, technically Katherine 1 the Great was also K-19, but still. That was a great culmination of the the coaching Lindsey was giving on how to tell a good story, and plus, I wanted to know that full story!

This was a enjoyable story, and I enjoyed going on this adventure with Colin and the gang!

Author: John Green
Read: June 25th, 2020
Source: Own
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2020 Book!
Publisher: Speak
Published: September 21st 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!