Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week 44 Review: Revenge & Rapture

From Goodreads:
Ash is tightening the noose on her enemies…
… and losing her grip on reality.

Ash's revenge plans for Chariot and Isaac Montefiore take a surreal turn when Isaac's wife hires Ash to retrieve an item that Isaac is obsessed with finding. Ash takes the job, but this quest throws her back into Levi's path and puts Rafael in grave danger.

Meanwhile, Ash runs across a crime victim who possesses mysterious magic. Ash's search for the attacker once again pits her against the Queen of Hearts and sends Ash down the rabbit hole of what's real. Sanity is highly overrated, anyway, right?

To top it all off, Ash's mother is being blackmailed by someone threatening to expose Ash as a Rogue unless Talia resigns from her political career for good. Talk about putting the "fun" in family dysfunction.

Secrets, vengeance, and magic collide in the final chapter of The Jezebel Files. With love, family, and her enemy's immortality on the line, a con set in motion fifteen years ago comes to an explosive conclusion, and Ash only has one chance to come out alive.

My Review:
Yeah, I loved reading this book! It was a really fantastic end to the series, a lot happens, and I just enjoyed it so much! I loved seeing these characters work and fight for the world and for their happiness, it was just so fantastic! 

Of course, the main plot is dealing with the Jezebel stuff, finding a way to take down Levi's dad, which takes a few different routes. Then there's the case of Talia being blackmailed because Ash is supposedly a Rogue. Oh, and because of the above, a bit of a clash with the Queen of Hearts, just to make things interesting! 

But it's also Ash's relationship with Levi, which really took a hit with the ending of the last book. It was hard to watch them interact with each other here, they've really done a number on one another. But I really enjoyed that they made it out Ok! 

That ending was really great! I loved how well planned it was, for how short a time that they had to pull it all together. And I didn't really expect where it would end, but it's so satisfying, and I'm excited for Ash and her future! 

This was such a great read, and I'm excited to pick up Deborah Wilde's next series! 

Author: Deborah Wilde
Series: The Jezbel Files #4
Read: October 27th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing, and this series, and it's a End of Series 2020 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Te Da Media
Published: October 4th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!