Saturday, October 24, 2020

Week 43 Review: The Traitor Queen

From Goodreads:
A queen now in exile as a traitor, Lara has watched Ithicana be conquered by her own father, helpless to do anything to stop the destruction. But when she learns her husband, Aren, has been captured in battle, Lara knows there is only one reason her father is keeping him alive: as bait for his traitorous daughter.

And it is bait she fully intends to take.

Risking her life to the Tempest Seas, Lara returns to Ithicana with a plan not only to free its king, but for liberating the Bridge Kingdom from her father's clutches using his own weapons: the sisters whose lives she spared. But not only is the palace inescapable, there are more players in the game than Lara ever realized, enemies and allies switching sides in the fight for crowns, kingdoms, and bridges. But her greatest adversary of all might be the very man she's trying to free – the husband she betrayed.

With everything she loves in jeopardy, Lara must decide who – and what – she is fighting for: her kingdom, her husband, or herself.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I love Danielle L. Jensen's writing, and I just wanted to see what was going to happen after that ending of The Bridge Kingdom! And it was just so great to dive right back into this world, and I'm just so glad that I read it!

This book was much easier to read than The Bridge Kingdom. The Bridge Kingdom pushed my buttons, and I knew it, which slowed my reading down. But this book is past that, and it was just so easy to read! And I loved their interactions, now that everything is out in the open. So great to read!

We did get to see more of this world in this book, I think we got to most of the countries now. Given the role that the Bridge Kingdom played, well, they're important. And they needed allies to get control back. But that ending? Wow, that was just fantastic, and I'm glad that it worked out! 

I'm really excited, because this isn't the end of the series, Lara's brother is getting his story, and it'll overlap with this book. It'll be great to see what other characters were doing in this time period, and I'm thrilled that the series is continuing! 

This was such an amazing read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Danielle L. Jensen
Series: The Bridge Kingdom #2
Read: October 19th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Danielle L. Jensen
Published: February 27th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!