Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week 44 Review: Ultraviolet

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special. 

This is not her story. 

Unless you count the part where I killed her. 

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

My first review of Ultraviolet
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I vaguely remembered what happened from my first read, but I forgot the details, like that Sebastian Faraday was posing as a scientist, when in reality, on Earth he was a janitor. Loved getting those details again, which means that I can now read the sequel, which I'm so excited about! 

So I knew that Alison wasn't crazy, and that Tori disintegrated, but that she wasn't dead, though Alison didn't know that. I just wasn't sure if Alison had synesthesia or if it was an supernatural ability that was very close. I'm glad that it was the former, because that's real, and is something that could be explained to her doctor to prove that she wasn't crazy. So that was great! And while her mom's explanation of why she acted like she did made sense, she still hurt her daughter a lot, which was hard to forgive.

Going on this journey with Alison, the wondering if she's a killer, if she's crazy, and learning about synesthesia, developing that relationship with Sebastian, I just really enjoyed reading it! Of course, while she's spilling her secrets, he's keeping his pretty close to the chest, at least for most of this book. 

Oh, man, that ending! It's a little heartbreaking, that she and Sebastian were separated like that, but I have read the synopsis of Quicksilver, and he's back, so I hope that they're able to reunite, because I want them to be happy, darn it! 

Loved this book, and I can't wait to see where things go from here! 

Author: R.J. Anderson
Series: Ultraviolet #1
First Read: March 28th, 2012
Read: October 25th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading! Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Orchard Books
Published: June 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!