Saturday, October 31, 2020

Week 44 Reviews: Something Borrowed, Proven Guilty


From Goodreads:
Sinister forces interfere with Billy and Georgia's wedding.

There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and the White Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted Harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City.

As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob.... 

My Review:
Yeah, I really enjoyed continuing this series! The full length stories are just getting bigger and bigger, and they're causing the equivalent effort and damage in that increase to Harry. The poor dude is just getting put through the wringer, and what I'm trying to say with this is that it's getting worse. 

This book gets pretty complicated. They've all been like that, but there's a bit less to explain now that we're 8 books in, and so more can happen. Well, plus there's a bigger page count. I can't believe that Harry can juggle all of these pieces! 

I loved the role that the Carpenter ladies played in this book. Which is great, since Harry has been avoiding them since the last book they were in. Though I wasn't expecting the direction that it went! We learned a lot about Charity, and why she has animosity towards Harry. And Molly, well, I'm really excited to spend more time with her, and see Harry in a different role as teacher! 

Between his new role as Warden, having to deal with dark magic, as well as the Fae, well, it wasn't unexpected all the shenanigan's that went down with this book. There's a few fallouts like with Murph, so I need to read the next book as soon as I can! 

These were more fantastic reads in the series, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Jim Butcher 
Series: The Dresden Files #7.5, 8 
Read: October 28th, 28th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love his writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books! 
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin, Roc
Published: October 3rd 2006, February 1st 2006

Something Borrowed:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Proven Guilty:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!