Saturday, October 24, 2020

Week 43 Review: Ill Wind

From Goodreads:
First in the new Weather Warden series...

Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life...

Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast... 

My Review:
Yeah, I just loved reading this book! And it was just so easy and such a quick read, too! It was just so fast paced and tense, what with Joanne being on a ticking time bomb. I just needed to know what was going to happen, and what had happened!

First off, this world of the weather wardens, with Djinn, was just so interesting to read. I just want to know more about how it all works. Joanne was such an interesting character, that she has this pretty terrifying power level. I wanted to know more about her!

We start off after something has gone wrong. I loved her road trip, with hints of what was happening, and some really interesting characters. When we found out what was happened, I was extremely indignant and enraged at what the guy had done, and what that meant for Joanne! It was just awful!

Oh, man, that ending! I just wasn't expecting that! And I'm really excited to see where this series goes! I think the pace will slow down a bit in the next book, she's not under that threat anymore, and has some learning and exploring to do. And I can't wait to watch her go on that journey! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I need to read more of this world!

Author: Rachel Caine
Series: Weather Warden #1
Read: October 20th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Penguin Book (USA)
Published: December 2nd 2003
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!