Saturday, October 17, 2020

Week 42 Review: Under Different Stars

Kricket Hollowell is normally not one to wish upon stars; she believes they're rarely in her favor. Well versed at dodging caseworkers from Chicago's foster care system, the past few years on her own have made Kricket an expert at the art of survival and blending in. With her 18th birthday fast approaching, she dreams of the day when she can stop running and find what her heart needs most: a home. 

Trey Allairis hates Earth and doubts that anyone from his world can thrive here. What he's learning of Kricket and her existence away from her true home only confirms his theory. But, when he and Kricket lie together under the stars of Ethar, counting them all may be easier than letting her go. 

Kyon Ensin's secrets number the stars; he knows more about Kricket's gifts than anyone and plans to possess her because of them. He also knows she's more valuable than any fire in the night sky. He'll move the heavens and align them all in order to make her his own. 

When everything in their world can be broken, will Kricket rely upon love to save her under different stars? 

My Review:
This book was a really great read! I've enjoyed Amy A. Bartol's other series, and I was interested in this alien one. And it was a really great read, I enjoyed reading Kricket's story! I enjoyed getting to know her world, and watching her story unfold!

With the above synopsis, I wasn't sure if Kyon was a bad guy or not. Trey sounded like maybe he didn't have Kricket's best interests in heart, but Kyon definitely sounded ominous, what with the "plans to possess her" bit. So it was great to read this book and find out! 

I really enjoyed this world of Ethar, and what it means to be from there. It was pretty fascinating how it all worked, and I had to know if Kricket was just like an ordinary citizen from this planet-or if she was special, because it was sounding like she was and I enjoyed how all that turned out!

That ending was really great, I enjoyed watching everything play out! The synopsis of Sea of Stars sounds like it's going to focus on her parent's warring families, and on her power, and the politics of all that sounds so great, and I can't wait to see how it's all going to play out!

This was a wonderful read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Amy A. Bartol
Series: Kricket #1
Read: October 16th, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Amy A. Bartol
Published: December 17th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!