Saturday, May 29, 2021

Week 21 Review: Sixteen Scandals

From Goodreads:
In this irreverent regency romp by New York Times best-selling author Sophie Jordan, newly minted sixteen-year-old Primrose Ainsworth finds herself on a wayward birthday adventure through London with a mysterious hero—perfect for fans of My Lady Jane.

The youngest of four daughters, Primrose Ainsworth is used to getting lost in the shuffle. But when her parents decide to delay her debut into English society, Prim hatches a plan to go rogue on the night of her sixteenth birthday.

Donning a mask, Prim escapes to the infamous Vauxhall Gardens for one wild night. When her cover is nearly blown, a mysterious stranger intercedes, and Prim finds an unexpected partner in mischief . . . and romance. But when it's revealed her new ally isn't who he says he is, her one night of fun may last past dawn.

In this frothy regency romp perfect for fans of Austen-esque flirtation and Shakespearean hijinks, sometimes a little scandal can be a good thing.

My Review:
Oh man, this book was so much fun! And it takes place over the course of a night, and it was just so quick and easy to read! I absolutely adored it, it was a really wonderful read! I love all the Sophie Jordan books I've read, and this was no exception!

It kinda sucks for Prim, that she's basically forgotten-and then her 16th birthday, of which she's dreamed of, of being debuted into society, is being delayed. So it's no wonder that she goes off and to basically the most scandalous place she could, and wow, was it a fun romp!

There kept being situations that she got into, and it was just so hilarious to watch her deal with them. Though a few were more serious, like the fire. But then there were the encounters with a mysterious boy, I just loved their interactions and blooming romance! 

I did enjoy the ending, though I have seen other reviews that mentioned that it felt rushed and lacking in detail, and I would agree. I would've liked a little more happy ending, a few more details. It was a really sweet ending though! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Sophie Jordan! 

Author: Sophie Jordan
Read: May 27th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her books and it sounded really good, and it's a Historical Fiction 2021 Book, SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
Published: May 25th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!