Saturday, May 29, 2021

Whatever-You-Want-A-Thon June 2021 Sign Up

Time to sign up for the Whatever-You-Want-a-Thon, a month long readathon taking place June 2021. Created by Maddie at Book Browsing Blog, You can find the announcement video here, and the twitter here.

I signed up as Louisa @ Words I Write Crazy, for Team Dreams and Drama Queens, for 24 books.

Prompts:
Cover Reminds You of a Pride Flag-Tomb of Ancients by Madeleine Roux-This cover is purple, black and grey/white, which are the covers of the Ace flag. Since I'm 90% sure I'm on the ace spectrum, this was fitting and the one I wanted to use for this prompt! And Witchshadow reminds me of the Non-binary flag, with white, yellow, purple and black!

Author's Debut-Cast in Firelight by Dana Swift-This is the author's debut, so it works! The Wicker King by K. Ancrum-This also works! Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence-Another that works! 

Indie/Self-Pub-Blood Bonds by Yasmine Galenorn-This book is published by Nightqueen Enterprises LLC, which I'm pretty sure is the author's company, but even if it's not self-pupped, it's indie, so it works! Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover-This is also self pubbed/indie so it works as well! Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews as well! 

Fit a TBR Game Prompt-The City of Zirdai by Maria V. Snyder-Have to go with a prompt from Maddie's June Dart Attack, favourite author. Maria V. Snyder is a favourite author, definitely, one of my top favourite authors! Another one is Grey by E.L James from Alyse from The Bumbling Blogger's June Hook a Duck, with the prompt of Random Number Generator. Another is Darker which I got from Kris's June Phase 10, with the prompt of Paperback. Another is most books I read which I got from Effe's June Pokémon TBR with the prompt of between 300 and 500 pages.

Bookish Creator Fav List-A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab-This book will be in Jade from Jadeyraereads best books of 2017.  And then Bloodwitch by Susan Dennard works as well from Jade's 2019 list!

Reread a Comfort Read-The Eyes of Tamburah by Maria V. Snyder-I'm rereading this book in June because book 2 is coming out, and it's definitely a comfort read, any Maria V. Snyder book is a comfort read! 

Out of Your Comfort Zone-Freed by E.L. James-this is a contemporary romance/erotic, which is out of my comfort zone! (And I'll be reading the whole series, and adding it to this prompt, but this is the only one I haven't read yet, since it's going to be released June 2nd!

POC Rep-The Infinity Courts by Akemi Dawn Bowman-This book's main character is Asian, so there's POC rep! The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta has a main character whose dad's family is from Jamaica! 

Buddy Read-In the Ravenous Dark by A.M. Strickland-This is a book that got a buddy read book, so it works!

Cover Features Team Colour-Tales from the Hinterland by Melissa Albert-This cover is green, so it works! Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau also works!

5 Star Prediction-All books that I read, so all of them will get it!

Hauled in the Last Year-The Broken Throne by Victoria Aveyard-I bought this April 2021, so it works! Wires and Nerve, Volume 2: Gone Rogue by Marissa Meyer does, too!

Poll-I put a twitter poll up with the options Gale Force by Rachel Caine, Out Last Echoes by Kate Alice Marshal, and Questland by Carrie Vaughn, and I'll put the book that wins here! Out Last Echoes by Kate Alice Marshal won! And I did another with House of Hollow and Mister Impossible and House of Hollow won! 

Disability/MH Rep-Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman, Turtles All the Way Down by John Green, We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson, Destroy All Monsters by Sam J. Miller, The Wicker King by K. Ancrum-These all were on a list of books with mental health rep, so I could read any or all of them! 

Last Letter, First Letter-Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong-I'll read this book after I read Gale Force, which ends with E, and Exit starts with an E! Mirror, Mirror-I'll read this book after I read Perfect Victim, which ends with M and Mirror starts with M!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!