Saturday, May 29, 2021

Week 21 Review: The Theft of Sunlight

From Goodreads:
I did not choose this fate. But I will not walk away if I can make a difference.

Children have been disappearing from Menaiya for longer than Amraeya ni Ansarim can remember. When her best friend's sister disappears, Rae knows she can't stay silent any longer. She finds the chance to make a difference in an invitation to the palace.

But Rae struggles to fit in with the lords and ladies of the court. Instead, she finds unexpected help in a rough-around-the-edges thief named Bren who always seems to have her best interests at heart. Soon even Bren can't help her, and Rae must risk her life and well-being to face an evil that lurks in the shadows of the darkest hearts. 

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I loved getting a full length book with Rae, and I loved how it tied into the first book in the series, with Rae becoming Alyrra's maid! In this book, we focus on the missing children, and the whole plot enraged me, and I just wanted things to be better for these characters! 

One thing that I loved about this book, is that we see Alyrra's enemies taken down. Mainly her brother, which was utterly fantastic, but also Valka's dad as well. I mean, what Valka did was pretty horrendous, that if Alyrra wasn't the princess, what Valka wanted done to her was awful. But Alyrra was the princess, and was a better person, and didn't do that to Valka (and her body.) But that was such great moments in this book!

Rae has a lot going on, between being Alyrra's maid, what with the wedding and all, as well as the investigation. It does get her into a few sticky situations, like being held hostage, but she's creative and resourceful. Plus, I have to say, love the disability rep in this book! We also got to see the history of what lead to the events in Thorn, with the king and the sorceress! 

But that ending? That was an incredible evil cliffhanger! I need to know what's going to happen next! Just before it happened, I put together the clues on who the bad guy was-and things went down, and I am now desperate for book 3!

This was a fantastic read, and I need book 3 stat! 

Author: Intisar Khanani
Series: Dauntless Path #2
Read: May 28th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: March 23rd 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!