Sunday, May 23, 2021

Wheel of TBR #52, May 23rd

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I read The Unforgiven by Heather Graham, The Betrayed by Kiera Cass, The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read The Valiant by Lesley Livingston, Here and Now and Then by Mike Chen, The Good Girls by Claire Eliza Bartlett, so I have Witches Steeped in Gold by Ciannon Smart, The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody, Nexus by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings, The Once and Future Queen by Clara O'Connor, Dating The Undead by Juliet Lyons, Zenith by Lindsay Cummings and Sasha Alsberg, Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkoff, left.

For the rewards, and I have 1(+1?)/4 needed for the next reward, so I have 4 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
Title, Dobby Pick, Coin Toss.

Title-Blue-7-The Warlord by Gena Showalter-Not counting the "the", this title is 7 letters long, so that works for me! 

Dobby Pick-Chartreuse-Half Sick of Shadows by Laura Sebastian-I gave Dobby 4 choices and this is the one that he picked! 

Coin Toss-Red-A Resolution at Midnight by Shelley Noble-I virtually tossed a coin, and it landed tails, which I assigned to this book! Not the one I'm burning to read, but I do want to read it! Nil by Lynne Matson-I switched out which book that I'm not desperate to read. 

Colour Totals:
Red: 1
Orange: 3
Yellow: 1
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 1
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 0
Azure: 
Blue: 3
Violet: 3
Magenta: 3
Rose: 3

Prompts for Next Week:
Series Number-Red
#Bookstagram-Orange
Louisa Pick-Yellow
ARC To Be Published-Chartreuse
Booktuber Read-Green
PDF Book-Spring Green
TBR Cart-Cyan
Variety Prompt-Azure
ARC Published-Blue
Edelweiss Book to Read in 2021-Violet
Continue the Series-Magenta

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!