Saturday, May 29, 2021

Week 21 Review: Dating the Undead

From Goodreads:
For those mortals wanting to get up close and personal with the beautiful undead, there's...

V-DATE, THE UNDEAD DATING SERVICE

Silver Harris is done with clingy men—maybe men altogether. But when she shares a toe-curling kiss with a sexy Irish vampire on New Year's Eve, she decides maybe it's human men she's done with. Silver turns to the popular vampire dating site, V-Date. When the undead gentlemen come calling, soon she's in over her head. And her mysterious hottie is nowhere to be found...

Logan Byrne can't get that sassy redhead out of his head—or that kiss! When his boss assigns him to spy on V-Date members, he meets Silver again. Turns out, the police are recruiting humans to snitch on vampires through the dating site. As the snark and sparks fly, feelings between Silver and Logan grow deep. Logan isn't sure he can go through with his mission to make Silver forget everything she knows about vampires...and betray her.

But in the tight-knit London community of centuries-old vampires, history and grudges run deep and dating the undead can be risky business. 

My Review:
This book was so much fun to read! I loved this romance, it was just so much fun, and I had such a great time with these characters! I felt invested in their story, and I just couldn't put it down! I was having too much fun!

I loved the combo of vampires and humour. Plus romance, don't forget that. They came together and worked together so well! The absurdity of vampires, that they actually exist in this world, it's crazy, and to add the humor and the romance, I just really enjoyed that! 

This couple were really great to read about. They had chemistry, they had a hilarious happenstance in meeting, and they have all these odds against them. Of course I was rooting for them, for them to work out, no matter how difficult it became!

The way that vampires worked in this world was really interesting, and with the way that things resolved in this book, it'll be interesting to see what things are like in future books, to see if this has had much of an effect on everything. Can't wait to find out! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Juliet Lyons
Series: V-Date.com #1
Read: May 26th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a A-Z Reading Challenge Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Published: May 2nd 2017
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!