Saturday, January 30, 2021

Week 4 Review: The Book of Life

The #1 New York Times bestselling series finale and sequel to A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night

Bringing the magic and suspense of the All Souls Trilogy to a deeply satisfying conclusion, this highly anticipated finale went straight to #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. In The Book of Life, Diana and Matthew time-travel back from Elizabethan London to make a dramatic return to the present—facing new crises and old enemies. At Matthew's ancestral home, Sept-Tours, they reunite with the beloved cast of characters from A Discovery of Witches—with one significant exception. But the real threat to their future has yet to be revealed, and when it is, the search for Ashmole 782 and its missing pages takes on even more urgency. 

My first review of The Book of Life
My second review of The Book of Life
My Review
:
I really enjoyed reading this book again! But I hadn't been planning on it, opps! But I just watched the show, so I had to read at least parts of this series, and by the time I got to this book, well, I had to read it all, because it's been a while, and because they just did season 2, I hadn't recently consumed this part of the story yet in this period of time where it seems all things were the All Souls Trilogy/A Discovery of Witches! It's just so good!

I'm really glad that I reread this book, because I forgot so much, and that was part of the reason that I read this whole book. I was just intending to read the beginning and the end, but I wasn't remembering what happened next, so I had to keep reading (even though it was getting to be 2 AM and I had to get up to go to work in 4 hours). Like, I completely forgot about Jack. Though maybe I would've remembered if I thought about it, because he is in the 2nd book/season. But I didn't think about it.

Reading Diana and Matthew's story is just so compelling. For those who don't fit it, maybe don't defy the rules as much as they two did in the way that they don't fit, it's great to see them take on their opposition-and win. It's just a very relatable story and I love it! 

I vaguely remember from reading Time's Convert that we didn't get as many answers about what information the Book of Life contains. So I have a question or two. Well, one question was answered by writing this review, because apparently I'm dense. If blood rage is when a vampire with the blood rage gene makes a human with daemon DNA. I read it wrong and misunderstood it, that it was a vampire who had blood rage, not that they had the blood rage gene, so I was confused as to how that first vampire got it. But they didn't have to get it, they just had to have daemon DNA. But I'm still wondering what's up with the Bright Born and all the history there, because only got snippets. And is it Diana or Matthew who was Bright Born, or both? I want to know, darn it!

I loved reading this book again, and I really hope we'll get more of this world because I need more answers! 

Author: Deborah Harkness
Series: All Souls Trilogy #3
First Read: July 2nd, 2018
Second Read: October 2nd, 2018
Read: January 27th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Rereading because I just watched the show, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Viking Adult
Published: July 15th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!