Monday, January 18, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #502, January 18th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #501
Teaser Tuesday #509
WWW Wednesday #509
WOW #505
Will the Time Come #502
Third Sentence Thursday #492
Random Reads #478
First Lines Friday #505
Book Blogger Hop #171
Last Letter, First Letter Reading Challenge Update 79
The Reward Challenge Update #487
Wheel of TBR #34
How Well I Stuck to It #339
Wrote that Review Update #336

Week 2 Reviews:
The Mime Order

Page-a-Thon: 

Among Us Readathon: 

24 Hour Reading Challenge: 

Random:
Katharyn Blair Author Page

OK, so I got 66 posts in 7 days, I read a good deal, and I posted a great deal about it, so yeah, it was a pretty good week! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read A Dark and Hollow Star, The Girl Who Wasn't There, and Trust Me, I'm Lying.

The Cruel Prince meets City of Bones in this thrilling urban fantasy set in the magical underworld of Toronto that follows a queer cast of characters racing to stop a serial killer whose crimes could expose the hidden world of faeries to humans.

Choose your player.

The "ironborn" half-fae outcast of her royal fae family.
A tempestuous Fury, exiled to earth from the Immortal Realm and hellbent on revenge.
A dutiful fae prince, determined to earn his place on the throne.
The prince's brooding guardian, burdened with a terrible secret.

For centuries, the Eight Courts of Folk have lived among us, concealed by magic and bound by law to do no harm to humans. This arrangement has long kept peace in the Courts—until a series of gruesome and ritualistic murders rocks the city of Toronto and threatens to expose faeries to the human world.

Four queer teens, each who hold a key piece of the truth behind these murders, must form a tenuous alliance in their effort to track down the mysterious killer behind these crimes. If they fail, they risk the destruction of the faerie and human worlds alike. If that's not bad enough, there's a war brewing between the Mortal and Immortal Realms, and one of these teens is destined to tip the scales. The only question is: which way?

Wish them luck. They're going to need it.
I know what I saw.

Nothing ever happens on Kasia's street. And Kasia would know. Her illness keeps her home for days at a time, with little to do but watch the world from her bedroom window. So when she witnesses what looks like a kidnapping, she's not sure she can believe her own eyes...

So she sets out to find the only other witness. The girl in the window across the street. The girl who was also watching when things went down.

But what Kasia discovers shocks her more than the kidnapping itself.

There is no girl.
Julep Dupree tells lies. A lot of them. She's a con artist, a master of disguise, and a sophomore at Chicago's swanky St. Agatha High, where her father, an old-school grifter with a weakness for the ponies, sends her to so she can learn to mingle with the upper crust. For extra spending money Julep doesn't rely on her dad—she runs petty scams for her classmates while dodging the dean of students and maintaining an A+ (okay, A-) average.

But when she comes home one day to a ransacked apartment and her father gone, Julep's carefully laid plans for an expenses-paid golden ticket to Yale start to unravel. Even with help from St. Agatha's resident Prince Charming, Tyler Richland, and her loyal hacker sidekick, Sam, Julep struggles to trace her dad's trail of clues through a maze of creepy stalkers, hit attempts, family secrets, and worse, the threat of foster care. With everything she has at stake, Julep's in way over her head . . . but that's not going to stop her from using every trick in the book to find her dad before his mark finds her. Because that would be criminal.

Fans of Ally Carter, especially her Heist Society readers, will love this teen mystery/thriller with sarcastic wit, a hint of romance, and Ocean's Eleven–inspired action.

8 comments:

  1. You had a busy week! The Girl Who Wasn't There sounds awesome! A Dark and Hollow Star does too. I hadn't heard of that one before. I hope you are enjoying your reading. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they were both so great! I read 5 books on Sunday, and they were 2 of them. And A Dark and Hollow Star comes out next month, I'm pretty sure :) Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I am curious about Trust Me, I'm Lying.

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read, I loved all the twists and turns! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed many of the books you reviewed. I also enjoyed Trust Me, I'm Lying. Blood Heir is on my read list. I hope I'll get to it soon. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I enjoyed them all :) And Blood Heir was excellent, and I hope you get to reading it soon as well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. The Girl Who Wasn't There sounds quite intriguing! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really great book, I loved the story! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!