Saturday, January 23, 2021

Week 3 Review: Grave War

From Goodreads: 
Grave witch Alex Craft is getting pulled back into deadly fae politics in the thrilling new novel in the USA Today bestselling series.

Grave witch Alex Craft has forged an uneasy truce with the world of Faerie, but she's still been trying to maintain at least some semblance of a normal life in the human world. So it's safe to say that stepping up as the lead investigator for the Fae Investigation Bureau was not a career path she ever anticipated taking.

When an explosion at the Eternal Bloom threatens to upend the fae who make their home in our world, Alex finds herself in charge of the most far reaching investigation she's ever tackled. And it's only her first week on the job. With the threats mounting and cut off from half her allies, Alex can't wait on the sidelines and hope the fae's conflicts stay contained within their borders.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! This has been a long time coming, with this series being fairly long, as well as the gap between the 3rd and 4th books, I believe. But it was a fantastic ending to this series, and I enjoyed it so much!

So things have changed, now that Falin is the King of Winter, and Alex is stepping into his old position as the lead investigator of the FIB. Of course, there's almost instantly trouble with the gates being destroyed, which puts Alex in a time crunch, but I really enjoyed seeing her leadership skills!

Well, we finally got to the high court of Faerie! And we get a pretty fantastic reveal! Well, ore than one, but they're pretty connected together! And they were all pretty important, though I wish I'd reread the series, because I forgot a few things, like the story that her dad told her about the High King, which were kinda important as well.

This book was such a fantastic read, and I enjoyed it so much, it ended this series and Alex's story on a great note. I do hope that this isn't the last we see of this world, I would love if we could see Death find happiness, and maybe see more investigations from Briar Darque and Derrick Knight! I don't want to say goodbye to this world!

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait from more by Kalayna Price!

Author: Kalayna Price 
Series: Alex Craft #7
Read: January 17th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love this series and her writing, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: November 24th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!