Saturday, January 30, 2021

Week 4 Review: Fire

From Goodreads:
It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. The young King Nash clings to his throne while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. The mountains and forests are filled with spies and thieves and lawless men.

This is where Fire lives. With a wild, irresistible appearance and hair the color of flame, Fire is the last remaining human monster. Equally hated and adored, she had the unique ability to control minds, but she guards her power, unwilling to steal the secrets of innocent people. Especially when she has so many of her own.

Then Prince Brigan comes to bring her to King City, The royal family needs her help to uncover the plot against the king. Far away from home, Fire begins to realize there's more to her power than she ever dreamed. Her power could save the kingdom.

If only she weren't afraid of becoming the monster her father was.

My first review of Fire
My Review:
I loved reading this book again. For some reason, Graceling is a little hard, given what happens to Po, and what Bitterblue has to deal with. This book is just easier for some reason. Maybe because in the Dells, they're more in the position that Katsa and the council were in Graceling, but already in power, so things were already getting better. Maybe.

Fire is a monster who has a conscience, has empathy, which her father did not. That her family has been advisors to the king for generations, that her father was dealing with a weak king, well, that was a bad combination, and now the kingdom is teetering on the edge of war. 

I know that Fire is going to have a brief appearance in Bitterblue. I know she has a happy life after the events in this book. It still doesn't meant that she doesn't go through the wringer in this book, between Archer, the war, not to mention her relationships with the royal family. 

I loved watching her go on this journey, she learns not to be afraid of herself and her power. Of using her power to help instead of to hurt. That she made a difference in the royals winning in the end. Plus, her and Brigan getting a happy ending! I just love them together!

I love this book so much, and I can't wait to continue on with the series! 

Author: Kristin Cashore
Series: Graceling Realm #2
First Read: 2009
Second Read: January 31st, 2014
Read: January 29th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Dial Books
Published: October 5th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!