Saturday, January 30, 2021

Week 4 Reviews: The Boy Who Didn't Come Home, The Night Country



Ellery Finch took a one-way ticket to Fairyland. What happened next?

Find out in this bridge story between The Hazel Wood and The Night Country.

The highly anticipated sequel to Melissa Albert's beloved, New York Times bestselling debut The Hazel Wood!

In The Night Country, Alice Proserpine dives back into a menacing, mesmerizing world of dark fairy tales and hidden doors. Follow her and Ellery Finch as they learn The Hazel Wood was just the beginning, and that worlds die not with a whimper, but a bang.

With Finch's help, Alice escaped the Hinterland and her reclusive grandmother's dark legacy. Now she and the rest of the dregs of the fairy tale world have washed up in New York City, where Alice is trying to make a new, unmagical life. But something is stalking the Hinterland's survivors―and she suspects their deaths may have a darker purpose. Meanwhile, in the winking out world of the Hinterland, Finch seeks his own adventure, and―if he can find it―a way back home...

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these stories! I mean, The Hazel Wood left off on a pretty good spot, if not a perfect happy ending, but I really had no idea where they would go. Though I guess I should've guessed that with Alice leaving, it would have some ripple effects that could cause some problems! 

Reading The Boy Who Didn't Come Home was really great, I really enjoyed getting Finch's story, and seeing the things that happened while he was trying to break Alice out of her story. I really has me itching to read Tales of the Hinterland, so I can know her full story!

The Night Country, I really had no idea what to expect. If there are secrets, at least that Alice is aware of who she was, and that the world is bigger than she had thought. But what I really enjoyed with The Night Country was that we did get to alternate between Alice and Finch's perspectives, because they're in different places, having different adventures, once his perspective started. Though not so different as they seemed!

The Night Country was a bit of a mystery mystery, but it's all tangled up in the fantastical, given who is being murdered. And I loved learning more about how everything works-how everything that both Finch and Alice were learning came together, it was written and woven together so well! 

I really enjoyed reading the both of these, and now I can't wait to read the in world story that Althea wrote, The Tales of Hinterland! 

Author: Melissa Albert 
Series: The Hazel Wood #1.5, 2
Read: January 28th, 28th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books! And The Night Country is a Sophomore Challenge Book! 
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Published: 2019, January 7th 2019

The Boy Who Didn't Come Home:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Night Country: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!