Saturday, June 5, 2021

Week 22 Review: Witches Steeped in Gold

From Goodreads:
This Jamaican-inspired fantasy debut about two enemy witches who must enter into a deadly alliance to take down a common enemy has the twisted cat-and-mouse of Killing Eve with the richly imagined fantasy world of Furyborn and Ember in the Ashes.

Divided by their order. United by their vengeance.

Iraya has spent her life in a cell, but every day brings her closer to freedom—and vengeance.

Jazmyne is the Queen's daughter, but unlike her sister before her, she has no intention of dying to strengthen her mother's power.

Sworn enemies, these two witches enter a precarious alliance to take down a mutual threat. But power is intoxicating, revenge is a bloody pursuit, and nothing is certain—except the lengths they will go to win this game.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I couldn't wait to learn about this world, about these characters, and it was such a great journey that they went on to read about! I couldn't put it down, I had to know what was going to happen next with Iraya and Jazmyne! 

First off, I have to say, is that this cover is stunning! I love the colours, and the designs with the gold and how bad ass and incredible these two figures look. It's an amazing cover, and I can't wait to see what the sequel's cover looks like, because I know it's going to be amazing! 

The world and cultures in this book were very detailed. This is the kind of book that'll be better on reread, when you already are familiar with all the details, and can get the bits that are hard to catch with everything else going on! 

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I liked either one of these characters. I could understand them, but that didn't mean that I liked them, they were both pretty morally grey. Sometimes they were making some questionable choices, and I was worried how things would turn out! And with that ending, it'll be interesting to see where their stories take them in the next book! 

This was a fantastic read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Ciannon Smart
Series: Witches Steeped in Gold #1 
Read: May 31st, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: April 20th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!