Saturday, June 12, 2021

Week 23 Review: Mirror, Mirror

From Goodreads:
What if the Evil Queen poisoned the prince?

Following her beloved mother's death, the kingdom falls into the hands of Snow White's stepmother, commonly referred to as "the Evil Queen" by those she rules. Snow keeps her head down at the castle, hoping to make the best of her situation.

But when new information about her parents resurfaces and a plot to kill her goes haywire, everything changes for Snow. With the help of a group of wary dwarfs, a kind prince she thought she'd never see again, and a mysterious stranger from her past, Snow embarks on a quest to stop the Evil Queen and take back her kingdom. But can she stop an enemy who knows her every move and will stop at nothing to retain her power... including going after the ones Snow loves?

My Review:
This was such a great read! I'm loving this series, and while Snow White isn't one of my favourite tales, I really enjoyed this twisted tale! And honestly, this twist made much more sense then the original, so that's a plus!

Snow White is known for cleaning and singing to animals, and basically being a damsel in distress. But in this retelling, the first two are conscious choices to make the best of the situation, she's much more knowledgeable and strong! 

It was really great that we got the Evil Queen's perspective in this book. We got to see her past, and it was pretty awful. But oh, the fact that she went from defending her sister to becoming the Evil Queen, that was hard to read! 

The way this story played out-and that twist with the one guy, that was really great! I really enjoyed how it all worked out, and how they got their happy ending! Snow earned it, and I had a great time reading her story! 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to read more! 

Author: Jen Calontia
Series: Twisted Tale #6
Read: June 8th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love this series and the author, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Disney Press
Published: April 2nd 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!