Saturday, October 16, 2021

Week 41 Review: Sebastian

From Goodreads:
A world of shifting lands connected only by bridges, Ephemera has been kept stable by the magic of the Landscapers. In one land where night reigns and demons dwell, the half-incubus Sebastian revels in dark delights. But then in dreams she calls to him: a woman who wants only to be safe and loved-a woman he hungers for while knowing he may destroy her.

But a more devastating destiny awaits Sebastian, for in the quiet gardens of the Landscapers' school, evil is stirring. The nearly forgotten Eater of the World has escaped its prison-and Sebastian's realm may be the first to fall.

My Review:
Wow, this was such a great book! I've loved Anne Bishop's other series, but this is a new one and I was a bit apprehensive. But it was absolutely fantastic, I loved everything about it, and now I need to read the rest of this series, and her Tir Alainn series, because then that's all her series, and possibly all her books! She's just so creative with amazing worlds, and characters that I love to follow!

Oh, but this world was so fascinating! With the bridges between worlds, and how if your heart doesn't match that world, the bridge will take you somewhere that it will. And the Landscapers and their powers-and the reason why their world is why it is, The Eater of the World.

I loved Sebastian's story, of how he's a half-incubus, and think's he's a bad guy because of it. And then there's Lynnea (who I would've loved if we found out the truth about how she ended up with her adoptive family, though we could get this in a future book, it's less likely) who is an innocent, so he doesn't want him or his realm to taint her, but well, things happen! 

There's a lot of moving parts to this, because Sebastian's cousin, Glorianna Belladonna, is a rogue, and there's a ton of politics there, because there's a lot of secrets and hidden agendas that we the reader learn sooner than some of the narrating characters (because while we mainly followed Sebastian, we also followed those connected to him) and I just loved how the story came together! 

I loved reading this book so much, and I need to read more! I can't wait to continue and finish this series, I can't wait to see where it goes!

Author: Anne Bishop
Series: Ephemera #1
Read: October 10th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Roc
Published: February 7th 2006
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!