Saturday, October 2, 2021

Week 39 Review: Wolfsong

From Goodreads:
Ox was twelve when his daddy taught him a very valuable lesson. He said that Ox wasn't worth anything and people would never understand him. Then he left.

Ox was sixteen when he met the boy on the road. The little boy who talked and talked and talked. Ox found out later the little boy hadn't spoken in almost two years before that day, and that the little boy belonged to a family who had moved into the house at the end of the lane.

Ox was seventeen when he found out the little boy's secret and it painted the world around him in colors of red and orange and violet, of Alpha and Beta and Omega.

Ox was twenty-three when murder came to town and tore a hole in his head and heart. The boy chased after the monster with revenge in his bloodred eyes, leaving Ox behind to pick up the pieces.

It's been three years since that fateful day—and the boy is back. Except now he's a man, and Ox can no longer ignore the song that howls between them. 

My Review:
This book, oh man this book! I've kinda kept this on the backburner, because I wasn't sure if I was fully interested in it. But I enjoyed his YA series, and he just keeps getting buzz, and the stars aligned so I read this book. And devoured it, because it was just so amazing! 

I loved this world and these characters, oh man! Everything seemed to be going so well with them, that they fit together so well. But there were secrets kept, and hurts were had, and by the time that Ox was 23, the book was almost 2/3rds done, and I wanted to see how they were finally going to be happy. But nope, the big bad ruined things, and things hurt even more. So I was needing that resolution, of Ox and Joe happy and together! 

I will admit, when I was reading about their first meeting, it was a little weird. Ox had just turned 16, and Joe was just to have his birthday, but Ox kept thinking of him as a child, and he was. So it was a little weird to think that they were going to end up together. I'm fine with age gaps, but when they're adults and on more even terms. But it wasn't like that, though, they weren't romantic until just before Joe's 18th birthday, so that was OK. 

The way that this book flowed was pretty fantastic. We first watched Ox, and then Joe, grow up, and seeing how their lives intertwined, and then broke apart, it was hard, but it was such a fantastic story! And yeah, I'm so excited to continue the series! 

This was a wonderful, fantastic read, and I need to continue the series now! 

Author: T.J. Klune
Series: Green Creek #1
Read:  October 1st, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and I enjoyed his YA books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Published: June 20th 2016
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!