Saturday, June 11, 2022

Week 23 Review: Dusk or Dark or Dawn or Day

From Goodreads:
When her sister Patty died, Jenna blamed herself. When Jenna died, she blamed herself for that, too. Unfortunately Jenna died too soon. Living or dead, every soul is promised a certain amount of time, and when Jenna passed she found a heavy debt of time in her record. Unwilling to simply steal that time from the living, Jenna earns every day she leeches with volunteer work at a suicide prevention hotline.

But something has come for the ghosts of New York, something beyond reason, beyond death, beyond hope; something that can bind ghosts to mirrors and make them do its bidding. Only Jenna stands in its way.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I loved this idea of ghosts, with the stuff with time, giving and receiving, and how Jenna uses that system, and that once you get close enough, you know when you'll be able to cross over-it was so interesting! 

Jenna's story is so sad, that her sister died-and then she died right after in her grief. But she's made a good afterlife for herself, she has her rules and her system, and she's content. And then the rest of New York's ghosts start to disappear, and she has to look into it.

I really enjoyed this mystery, learning more about ghosts and how they work in this world, as well as witches. It was really entertaining, and I wanted to know more about everything. It is a short read, but I couldn't put it down!

That final part, I loved watching Jenna learn just a little bit more, and watching the bad guy get dealt with was satisfying and bittersweet, given who it was and why they were doing it. And the final ending, yeah, loved that! 

This was a really great read, and I had a great time with it! 

Author: Seanan McGuire 
Read: June 10th, 2022
Source: Library
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Tor 
Published: January 10th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!