Saturday, June 18, 2022

Week 24 Review: Throwing Shade

From Goodreads:
Middle-aged. Divorced. Hormonally imbalanced. Then she got magic.
Underestimate her. That'll be fun.

My best friend got tangled up with some vamps and now she's missing. As if that wasn't scary enough, I snapped, and in a cold dark rage, unleashed a rare and powerful shadow magic. So, I won't be having that second date, but in all fairness, he got what he deserved. My only regret is that I may have put a target on me and my kid. I'll fix it, that's what moms do.

Now, with only a mouthy golem and a grumpy-yet-sexy French wolf shifter to help me navigate this world of hidden magic, I'm in a race against time to rescue my friend and keep my loved ones safe from the skeletons in my past.

Sure, I'm caught in a spiderweb of supernatural power plays, but I'm a librarian, I'm over forty, and I'm definitely done with being sidelined in my own life. If anyone can survive this dangerous adventure, it’s me. New to-do list: kick butt and rediscover the woman who got lost along the way.

I’m turning my invisibility into strength; they'll never see me coming.

Throwing Shade features a sassy, slow burn romance, and is perfect for fans of K.F. Breene, Darynda Jones, and Shannon Mayer.
​​​​​​​
Get it now!

My Review:
I had such a great time reading this book! I really enjoy Deborah Wilde's writing, and these worlds are so interesting, I really enjoy these Jewish magical worlds, since I basically know nothing about them. And they're all so different! 

Miri was so fantastic to read about, she's divorced with a teenager, and she has magic that she's hidden away, given what happened to her parents. But now her friend is missing, and Miri is pulled into the magical world.

I had such a great time watching her and Laurent interact, there was some pretty great banter between the two of them! They both have their issues from their pasts, but oh, it was so much fun watching these two interact! 

The investigation into her missing friend-and her dive into this world that she's kept out of-was really interesting to read. I loved learning about this world, and hoping that she'd find her friend. It was just a great adventure to read! 

This was a wonderful read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Deborah Wilde
Series: Magic After Midlife #1
Read: June 16th, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WTC Book!
Publisher: Te Da Media Inc
Published: March 15th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!