Monday, June 20, 2022

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #576, June 20th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!
What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #575
Teaser Tuesday #583
WWW Wednesday #583
WOW #579
Will the Time Come #576
Third Sentence Thursday #566
Random Reads #552
First Lines Friday #579
Book Blogger Hop #245

Whatever-You-Want-A-Thon: 
Update 25

Clear Your S**t Readathon:

Random:

OK, so I got 36 posts in 7 days, and it was a pretty good week, not much going on, the Thursday was the first day at work that we didn't have mandatory masks in 2 years so that was nice! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read Girls of Storm and Shadow and Girls of Fate and Fury!

In this mesmerizing sequel to the New York Times bestselling Girls of Paper and Fire, Lei and Wren have escaped their oppressive lives in the Hidden Palace, but soon learn that freedom comes with a terrible cost.

Lei, the naive country girl who became a royal courtesan, is now known as the Moonchosen, the commoner who managed to do what no one else could. But slaying the cruel Demon King wasn't the end of the plan---it's just the beginning. Now Lei and her warrior love Wren must travel the kingdom to gain support from the far-flung rebel clans. The journey is made even more treacherous thanks to a heavy bounty on Lei's head, as well as insidious doubts that threaten to tear Lei and Wren apart from within.

Meanwhile, an evil plot to eliminate the rebel uprising is taking shape, fueled by dark magic and vengeance. Will Lei succeed in her quest to overthrow the monarchy and protect her love for Wren, or will she fall victim to the sinister magic that seeks to destroy her?
The epic romance of Lei and Wren comes to a breathtaking conclusion in the explosive finale to the acclaimed, New York Times bestselling Girls of Paper and Fire series.

'Don't struggle, Lei-zhi. It's time to take you back to the Hidden Palace. You're going home.'

The jaw-dropping conclusion to Girls of Storm and Shadow left the fates of Lei and Wren hanging in the balance. There's one thing Lei knows - she can never return to the Hidden Palace. The trauma and tragedy she suffered behind those opulent walls will plague her forever. She cannot be trapped there with the sadistic king again, especially without Wren.

The last time Lei saw the girl she loved, Wren was fighting an army of soldiers in a furious battle to the death.

With the two girls torn apart and each in great peril, will they reunite at last, or have their destinies diverged forever?

6 comments:

  1. I'm still working from home, but I think if I had to wear a mask for hours a day, it would drive me crazy. I'm thrilled you got a break this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's been pretty great to not have to wear them! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. We still have to wear masks on public transportand planes, but other than that we are pretty much mask free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think medical places are about the only places that I'll have to deal with, since I haven't left my province in years, so no planes, and I don't really go out. So it's nice to not have to wear one at work! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Great assortment of books. You read and reviewed so many! Masks are almost a thing of the past where I live. I was out on Sunday and the only one wearing a mask at Walmart. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really enjoyed these books! They're mostly gone here, but we're federal, so it took a little longer for work to catch up! Thanks for stopping by! happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!