Saturday, April 1, 2023

Week 13 Review: The Last Changeling

From Goodreads:
A Kingdom at War . . .

Elora, the young princess of the Dark Faeries, plans to overthrow her tyrannical mother, the Dark Queen, and bring equality to faeriekind. All she has to do is convince her mother's loathed enemy, the Bright Queen, to join her cause. But the Bright Queen demands an offering first: a human boy who is a "young leader of men." 

A Dark Princess In Disguise . . .

To steal a mortal, Elora must become a mortal—at least, by all appearances. And infiltrating a high school is surprisingly easy. When Elora meets Taylor, the seventeen-year-old who's plotting to overthrow a ruthless bully, she thinks she's found her offering . . . until she starts to fall in love.

My Review:
I had such a fantastic time reading this book! I've read at least one of her mysteries, and this book sounded really great! I loved this world of Faeries, and these characters in a modern day setting. That she has to get a human offering to seal an alliance...I had to know more! 

I really enjoyed the fact that we got both Taylor and Elora's perspectives. That he was the human boy she was to collect, but they were falling for one another, it was great to be in both of their heads as they were doing so! 

Taylor is dealing with the fact that his brother recently died, and how things are home because of that. Elora, as we learn, is a dark faerie princess, and she's supposed to give him to the Bright Queen for help to defeat her mother...yeah, they both had a lot going on in their lives.

It was really great to see her in a human form, learn what it's like, which the popular people, and the roles that high school society puts out about conformity, and how that kind of narrow-mindedness is part of why she was rebelling against her mom, it was great to see her deal with it at a small scale before tacking her mom! 

Loved reading this book and I can't wait to read more!  

Author: Chelsea Pitcher
Series: Faerie Revolution #1
Read: March 30th, 2023
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really good, I loved The S-Word, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Flux
Published: November 8th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!