Saturday, October 8, 2011

Week 40 Review: Devil's Kiss

From Goodreads:
Bilquis SanGreal grew up knowing she would have to make sacrifices to be in the Knights Templar.  Sacrifices like losing her mother to the Templar's ongoing battle against the Unholy; sacrifices like trading her childhood in for relentless training; sacrifices that keep her completely  isolated from the world of a normal teen girl.

Billi's lone wolf status is challenged when her childhood friend, Kay, returns from his psychic training in Jerusalem.  Kay manages to stir things up quickly -- he's gorgeous, arrogant, and wants to slide right back into his old place in Billi's life.  Billi is skeptical, but interested, until she meets Michael -- an ethereally handsome guy who seems to understand her like no one before him, and effortlessly stakes a claim in her heart.

Just as Billi's starting to enjoy this pleasant new twist to her life, Kay ruins everything.  In a moment of bravado, Kay uses the last of the Templar's treasures, King Solomon's cursed mirror, drawing the attention of one of the most dangerous of the Templars' enemies -- The Angel of Death.

Only with the mirror can the dark angel unleash his full powers, and now that he's heard the call of the mirror, he'll stop at nothing to get it.  To save London from catastrophe, Billi will have to make sacrifices greater than she'd ever imagined.


My Review:
What a pretty cover! I really love it, it's very shiny, and pretty and such. And what a gripping tale! I've kinda really liked the myth of the Templars, from the movie, National Treasure, which is pretty much my only source, but whatever. I really liked the play on it, that they'd survived past the burnings and the death and destruction.

And then a main plot point, it makes some relationships really strained which added to the conflict, which made this book really great!

With sacrifices so huge, it made this book really emotional, and I really liked it!

This was an excellent book, so you guys just really need to read it!

Author: Sarwat Chadda
Series: Billi SanGreal #1
Read: October 6th-7th, 2011
Source: Bought at Church Garage Sale
Reason Why: I loved the cover! And the description sounded really good, so I got it!
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Published: May 7th 2009 
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!