Saturday, October 1, 2011

Week 39 Review: So Much Closer

From Goodreads:
When Brooke's crush, Scott, moves from their suburban town to New York City, she decides to follow him there. Living with her formerly estranged dad and adapting to a new school are challenging, and things go from bad to worse when Brooke learns that Scott already has a girlfriend. But as she builds her new life, Brooke begins to discover a side of herself she never knew existed. And as she finds out, in the city that never sleeps, love can appear around any corner...

My Review:
This book was really funny. The Knowing, moving to a new city because of a boy, and John, these are all the great things that happen in this book.

I loved how she had a pretty much photographic memory, and how she was a genius, but that she hid it, and that she didn't want to use it. In a way, selfish, being self-protective from peer scorn, but also a way to hide, because she didn't really like herself all that much, she just kept changing.

And she changed all right. And into a great young woman who had a pretty good idea of where she wanted to go, and what she wanted to do, from the beginning, when she really didn't have a clue, and didn't really care about that.

This was a great book, and I loved it, and you guys really need to read it now!

Author: Susane Colasanti
Read: September 30th, 2011
Source: Library
Read: Sounded really great, and I wanted to read it!
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Published: May 3rd 2011
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!