Saturday, August 3, 2013

Week 31 Review: Acheron

From Goodreads:
Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.

War has never been more deadly... or more fun.

My first review of Acheron 
My Review:
OK, this book, yeah, loved rereading it, after all, its one of my most top favourite books ever, it's one of the top 1 books I've ever read. That's how much I enjoyed it, both the first time, and this time, too, because it's Ash and Tory's story! Just absolute love for it!

There are parts that I just absolutely love to read in it! Like the scene where she throws a hammer at him, or when Simi wants to be called Similious, and he'd prefer to be an underwear model, or when he gets drunk on Sprite! That was just hilarious!

I just had to get past the history parts, when Ash was young. Because he had a pretty horrible past, and was in a lot of pain! And yeah, I have to say, writing this after reading Styxx, that everybody makes mistakes, from the ones that we saw, to the ones that we didn't.

Their happily ever after, at least for now, and always together unless death or the plant thing, part them, was just really great, and in combination with reading his blog posts on Sherrilyn Kenyon's website here,

I just love this book so much, it's just so freaking good, and now I can't wait to reread the rest of the series, for Styxx!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Dark Hunter #15th
First Read: May 24th, 2011
Read: July 27th, 2013
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Published: August 5th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!