Saturday, June 7, 2014

Week 23 Review: The Demoness of Waking Dreams

From Goodreads:
Even ANGELS can be tough... Ex-cop Brendan Clarkson is an angel with an edge. His tough exterior is the perfect camouflage for his job-hunting down the most dangerous criminals on earth. Brendan's a self-reliant and demanding lone wolf, constantly on the brink of clashing with his superiors at the Company of Angels.

Brendan is the perfect angel to track and capture demoness Luciana Rossetti. Luciana's cool, green-eyed beauty masks her true nature: inside, she's a dangerous and malevolent killer. Yet, she sees what most people don't-that beneath the layers of Brendan's rugged shell beats the heart of a passionate lover.

They are perfectly matched. Yin and yang. Angel and demon. Man and woman. But only one of them can win the battle of wills, of strength and of desire.

My Review:
This was a really great book! Such a great, interesting world, an enjoyable one at that, with romance that is, like, at the top of never should happen, because it's the ultimate opposites attract, good evil, ever, angels and demons!

I in particular, loved this romance! I mean, we met Luciana for a bit in Where Demons Fear to Tread, and that wasn't a positive meeting, as she was trying to kill Julian for reasons that are explained in this book. Because there's a reason why she's a demon, why she does what she does.

I enjoyed their interactions, because she hates all males, and he hates all demons, yet they're attracted to each other, and that influenced what they said and did, and on top of that, Luciana used her body a lot, with a lot of flirtations, her weapon against men. So yeah, that was fun to watch!

The end, I really loved, it was so good, and it ended well, and I want there to be more books, but the author's site doesn't seem to have much activity, like, since before this book came out, so it's looking less likely that there'll be a 3rd book, which sucks.

But this was a really fantastic book, I really loved it, and yeah, I'm going to have to reread Where Demons Fear to Tread soon!

Author: Stephanie Chong
Series: The Company of Angels #2
Read: May 31st, 2014
Source: Tuebl/NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book!
Publisher: Mira Books
Published: August 28th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!